internetworkers - Re: Dali Lama

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew Phillips" <aphillips AT buildscape.com>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dali Lama
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:59:33 -0400

I know I haven't emailed on this list yet but I'd like to put my two cents
in.

I'm originally from Westchester County, a few minutes outside of NYC. For me
this is very hard because although all my family has been located I know
many people who were inside the WTC when this happened and friends/family of
friends are still missing.

The fact that we've responded in a non-military manner thus far proves that
it has not worked. If you do not respond militarily nations that harbor
and/or support these groups will continue to do so. Sanctions as we've seen
from examples as Cuba, Iraq, North Korea do not work.

We honestly have brought a lot of this upon ourselves if you look at the
causes for this hatred. I'm not saying we deserve it in any manor especially
with attacks against civilians but we've caused the hatred against us by
people like Hussein and Bin Lauden by supporting them and then leaving them
to die... its a quick way to make someone an enemy. Out CIA and other
government agencies need to really look at who they're supporting and the
'lesser of two evils' mentality has not worked thus far.

The only response that would be responsible for our country would be a
military response, and believe me I am against war so that is not an easy
decision for me.

-Andrew Phillips