internetworkers - Re: Dali Lama

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dali Lama
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:57:17 -0400

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:23:50AM -0400, Edward Wesolowski spoke thusly:
> ...necessary, but it needs to be carefully targeted. How do you count to
> ten before reacting at a time like this?

One day at a time. I find it gets easier as I let time pass, and try
to comprehend what has happened.

It's working through grief, and we get past Denial awful
quick. Anger is next, and Anger is a comfortable place - because we
can feed anger, and not feel helpless. Anger gives us the illusion of
security, of action, and of power.

Will we, as a country, move on to bargaining, and depression? I swing
between the two, in my own selfish way, hoping to find/hear from
people I care about in NYC who contact info I've lost or that has
changed, and letting the enormity of it all hit me.

It's easy to step back into anger and denial. But it's not healthy.

Can we ever truly accept this, or any solution our leaders propose to
this? is it truly [Christian/Jewish/in our Buddha
nature/taoist/humanitarian/etc/etc/etc] to [insert action here] ?

I think that the future begs us to turn the other cheek, and not
respond to terror and evil in kind. If we must respond, it must be
with strength and honor, and not with blind vengeance in mind.

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- New email : alchemist AT darkcanvas.com --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
-- ICQ: 4855069 AIM: ksonney --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
-- Berkley Breathed, 2001