internetworkers - Re: I have to reboot my phone!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josef J. Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: I have to reboot my phone!
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:42:36 -0400

Hello Maria,

Before we try a service ticket for this issue, let's try the easiest
"fix" first:

Your "phone" is a very sensitive piece of equipment, so remember to always
carry
it in a special lead-encased holder when traveling through airports, any area
with a microwave oven, and when within 100 yards of any person wearing a
pacemaker, such as Vice President Dick Cheney.

In addition, since you live in RTP, it important that you follow other
guidelines when using the "phone".

Be sure to Power cycle the "phone" off and then on every time you enter or
exit
a Sprint PCS(tm) calling zone, the locations of which can be found by
accessing
your "voicemail". Remember to exit using the * key! Failure to exit using the
*
key will cause our system to crash, our accounting data to be misaligned, and
another Sprint PCS(tm) intern will have to be fired to cover the cost of
rebooting our system at 3 AM!

Remember to exit using the * key! The fate of our company depends on *you*
always hitting the * key! Don't make us track you down, cuz we can do that -
in
fact, we can do anything we want - buwahahaa! (as long as you always hit the *
key)

Thank you for contacting Sprint PCS.
Joe K.