internetworkers - Re: Lean on a Hacker; then get one of your file formats hacked

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lean on a Hacker; then get one of your file formats hacked
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:12:22 -0400

Beth et al,

thanks for the balsa tip. it looks like their software is maturing... might
be worth another try.

the "l33t" thing is a geeky teen-age wanna-be substitute for the English
word "elite." and that is what most "hackers" <or "h@kk0rz"> today claim to
be; elite.

if you are bright enough to come up with ways to "freakily" change letters
into numbers in your "handle" <secret hacker codename that gets you on
cnn.com> or "crew" <gang of pimply-faced playstation 2 addicts who you call
friends> or any "code" you distribute <probably stolen from someone who
knows what the hell they are talking about>, then you are obviously a genius
and should have hot, scantily-clad supermodels falling at your feet.

such is the glamorous lot of hackerdom today. once this whole trend passes,
they can go back to being the socially amblivalent, physically unfit, and
completely unpopular people they truly are. oh wait; that scenario doesn't
seem to change things much.

anywho, if you'd like to make sure these esteemed computing scholars are not
"on" your machine <you will notice periodic pop-ups stating "w3 0wn3 j00!">,
then you have to get hip to their lingo.

capiche?

err... ahh.. c@p1ch3?

d.m.