internetworkers - Re: Red Bull

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Red Bull
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:56:47 -0400

Oh, that PBO ;-)

Speaking of Pittsboro, my wife and I have been thinking of moving out that
way for the past couple of years. Now with the baby coming were really
trying to come up with a plan to get out of Durham in the not too distant
future.

One of the questions we've had is; is there any type of broadband
connectivity out that way? I know its somewhat lame that that would be a
determining factor, but both of our jobs require that we have some sort of
fast connection to the net.

Last night when someone started shooting a gun outside our house at 1:30
A.M. I **really** wished we had moved already.

I don't know if anyone read this column in the Spectator from a few weeks
ago but it pretty much sums up life in our part of Durham:

http://www.spectatoronline.com/060501/reject.html

Maybe this could turn into a "Best Places to Live in the Triangle" thread.
I'd love to hear people's suggestions.

Robert - (who has experienced more crime in 4 years of living in Durham than
I did in 18 years of living in NYC)