internetworkers - Re: Red Bull

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Red Bull
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:47:50 -0400

Well, we've been to your house and we definitely like the area ;-)

I guess the long range plan is to be out in the country somewhere where we
can have a decent sized piece of land so we can have a pretty substantial
(hopefully organic) garden, and where our three dogs and kid can run
(relatively) free.

After living in NYC for so long and then in downtown Durham I'd like to be
in a place where I can't see or hear my neighbors. The neighborhood drumming
sounds scary to me. I long for total solitude, peace and quite.

Not to say we have thought about some more suburban type neighborhoods. I
guess growing up in the 60's makes part of us want to find that perfect
Brady Bunch suburban lifestyle with lots of sidewalks for junior to learn to
ride his bicycle and walk to school instead of taking the bus.

Since moving is *such* a P.I.T.A. I think we'd want to go directly to the
country from the ghetto, vs. ghetto -> suburbs -> country ;-)

Looking back on it I can't believe I packed up everything I had and moved
down here almost 5 years ago. I don't move well. I think I'm still
recovering from that......

Anyway, I'm rambling. I could really use a Red Bull right about now.

Robert

On 7/16/01 12:26 PM, "David Minton" <david AT designhammer.com> wrote:

> I was getting ready to offer my $0.02 cents on how my neighborhood compared
> to yours until I realized I live just down Carpenter Fletcher Road from you
> (on Bluestone). So, I'll just add a "what Gina said." Penrith is very nice,
> I go walking around the neighborhood pretty regularly.
>
> David
>
> On 7/16/01 11:26 AM, "Gina Norman" <gina AT vnet.net> wrote:
>
>>> Maybe this could turn into a "Best Places to Live in the Triangle" thread.
>>> I'd love to hear people's suggestions.
>>
>> I love my neighborhood: lots of trees; biggish lots, despite smallish
>> houses [house: approx. 1200 sq.ft., lot: .33 acre]; nice neighbors [one of
>> my neighbors regularly holds a drums-n-singing night around a bonfire to
>> which he invites the whole block, another one trimmed my yard for me the
>> first summer, since I didn't have a lawnmower]; easy access to downtown
>> Raleigh (18 mins. tops), Durham (10 mins.) and Chapel Hill (13 mins.);
>> incredibly short commute to work (12 minutes, from my back door to my
>> office door!), uber-Teeter/pharmacy/etc. nearby. No crime (at least none
>> that I've experienced or that I've heard of from my neighbors).
>>
>> In fact, I love my neighborhood so much that I'm adding onto my house
>> rather than moving (as are about 5 of my neighbors). The construction is
>> a big PITB, but I'm going to love the addition when it's done.
>>
>> I'm in Durham, BTW, near where Hwy 54 and 55 cross, Penrith neighborhood.
>>
>> : )
>>
>> -gina

~>> *