internetworkers - Re: This just in...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Uzoma Nwosu <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: This just in...
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:53:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, tengu typed, not wrote:

> I apologize if I bring any unpleasant memories to the fore, but those who
> endured "John Cougar Melonhead" from The Tobacco Roadhouse are doubtlessly
> unwilling to be subjected to another inappropriately amplified idiot.
> Mics are dangerous things, open ones even more so. Neither are
> cheeseburgers my fare.
> tengu, two cents to the wind
> ---

I do understand the concern. But this is a differnt situation. The
Tobacco Roadhouse did not inform us of the live performer, which was a
deadly mistake on his part. We've done these gatherings at other places
where there were open mics and and such without incident. It's about
consistant communication with the venues (I personally would like to
investigate what happened this past gathering at the Paradigm. I think that
it's a solvable issue but that's a different topic).

I Know the guy who throws these open mics over at Bully's. We go way
back so no worries. I've been in discusion on and off the owner since I
truly believe that
there is nothing to worry about with this venue.

Uzoma