internetworkers - Re: This just in...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: This just in...
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:18:08 -0500 (EST)

I apologize if I bring any unpleasant memories to the fore, but those who
endured "John Cougar Melonhead" from The Tobacco Roadhouse are doubtlessly
unwilling to be subjected to another inappropriately amplified idiot.
Mics are dangerous things, open ones even more so. Neither are cheeseburgers
my fare.
tengu, two cents to the wind
---
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Uzoma Nwosu typed:
I just got a call from the owner of Bully's in Durham. He's got an open
mic night on the 1st but it doesn't start until 10pm. They've got food
and beer. And they will have liquor starting this weekend.