internetworkers - business casual and interview attire

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Dallas Anne Smith" <sallad AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: business casual and interview attire
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:55:48 -0500

Hey Guys,

I've been invited to NY by Scient (an e-commerce consulting company) in two weeks for their "Scient Super Saturday Weekend."  Basically, it's the third round of interviews.  They said in the email that the events will be introductions, executive overviews, interviews, company presentations, and team building exercises.  They're also taking us out to a fancy dinner and an informal brunch.

My question is, what is the appropriate dress for a student looking to be hired for her first job?  Their email said business casual, but I'm not sure what business casual is, exactly.  My mother sent me a webpage to check out (http://www.businesscasualdress.com/illustrations.htm), but I want some other opinions on what kind of clothes I should plan on taking.  Anyone have any suggestions/insight?

Thanks,
Dallas

Dallas Anne Smith                     AIM: BusChic71
http://www.unc.edu/~sallad         ICQ: 8707833