internetworkers - Re: business casual and interview attire

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: business casual and interview attire
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:24:23 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Steven Champeon wrote:
->Congrats. Warning for you, though - Scient people are reknowned in
->and across the industry for their, um, cult-like zombie recruiter
->status. Once you join Scient, you will become a perky, positively
->ingratiating extension of the Scient recruiter hive mind :) So you
->may want to write a letter to yourself and have a lawyer mail it to
->you a year later, to see if you recognize yourself :)
->

Yes, I had a friend who interviewed w/them and then moved out to San
Francisco - very happily I might add - but when I was speaking to him
about future job plans or what have you, he said, "Oh, they really
indoctrinate you into the culture here. They're great!"

*shiver*

I don't know if I ever, ever, ever want to be indoctrinated into my
company's "culture". Become aware of, perhaps. Settle into, perhaps. But
indoctrinate? That's just creepy.

To their credit, he did say that they offered him an insane package to
move from GA to CA - not too shabby for a guy just out of college.

Cheers
KJ

--_
"I actually don't think I'm the first ever transsexual member of parliament
in the world. Margaret Thatcher beat me to it by a number of years." --New
Zealand MP Georgina Beyer || www.ibiblio.org/kelly || kelly \@/ unc.edu