internetworkers - Re: banking recommendations (off topic)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperfcenter.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: banking recommendations (off topic)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:25:45 -0400

"saundrakaerubel.com" wrote:

> Can anyone out there give me some recommendations on banks to choose or
> avoid in that area of North Carolina? I am currently with a credit union
> where my car loan is in Sick Silicon Valley. But, I figure I should have
> someone local. This would be for basic banking needs, not necessarily for
> any upcoming mortgage.

Has anyone had any trouble getting a bank account? When I moved here,
Wachovia refused to give me a bank account saying they "didn't give accounts
to transients", even though I had just bought a house. I just tried to get an
account at First Union, so I could take advantage of accessing my account
from Quicken, and
they refused to give me a simple checking account, and of course also refused
to say why.

It looks like I'm going to have to go out and grab some credit reports and
find out if the one person in the US with the same name as I have (yes there
are more than one Michael Stephen Czeiszpergers) has been passing bad checks.

MIchael Czeiszperger