internetworkers - Re: banking recommendations (off topic)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: MaryBeth Lackey <MLackey AT raleighcvb.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: banking recommendations (off topic)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:59:17 -0400

They're one and the same. I think Nationsbank bought BofA, but then changed
their name to BofA.

I work in downtown Raleigh, and there's a branch in our building on the
ground floor. I went in there one day because I needed something notarized,
only to be asked, "Are you a Bank of America account-holder?" I said no, and
she told me with a smile on her face that those services were for customers
only.

My answer was, "Well, I guess I'll never be a customer here, then."

With policies like that, I can't imagine why anyone would bank with them.

There are a lot of choices -- First Union, CCB, BB&T, Wachovia, Centura, not
to mention a few credit unions and some smaller banks, like NBC (found in
Kroger grocery stores), M&F (Mechanics and Farmers), and Southtrust.
---
Mary Beth Lackey
Internet Manager
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
http://www.raleighcvb.org