internetworkers - Re: event idea

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: event idea
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:42:07 -0400

Geek love is something wonderful. Nileen and I have geek tendencies
with degrees in chemistry, math, statistics, etc between us. Both of us
started as FORTRAN programmers in the 70's and 80's and moved on to more
esoteric technical stuff in operations research and low level
programming. For example, we told funny stories about JCL programming at
dinner the other day.
If anything, I would say that geek love is better than non-geek love.
Imagine telling a non-geek woman that you have to leave a date because a
server is down. Imagine an amorous geek being told that he has to wait
on love due to a shoe sale at the mall. Oh, the humanity of it all!
Roger (in RTP, who needs some bean!)