internetworkers - event idea

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: event idea
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:26:45 GMT

What do you guys think about a singles mixer? I had a conversation with
some Aussies the other day and we were discussing dating rituals. One
type of mixer that they said they did was pretty bold, so what if...

You get a place and give everyone assigned seating. Everyone has 6
minutes to chat. Then you switch tables. You do this until everyone has
met everyone. At that point, you just turn it into a regular gathering.

Some say that this is cheesy. But I personally like this idea. It
throws a lot on the table and and forces people to give up a little more
of themselves in a first impression.

What do you guys think?

Uzoma