internetworkers - Re: Gathering Jan 2000?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel.cox AT interpath.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gathering Jan 2000?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:09:22 -0500

Thomas Beckett wrote:
> OTOH, where would you suggest for a Raleigh gathering? Does North
> Raleigh have any suitable spot that's not hideously slick & commercial?
> Or downtown?

I'm a fan of Michael Dean's Wood Oven and Grill at the corner of
Millbrook and Old Wake Forest road. I know they often have large
parties there, so I'm sure they could accomodate us, and Heather
swears they have the best shrimp in town. They specialize in
seafood, but they have a pretty varied menu.

SouthEnd Pub and Brewery downtown - it's on Jones street just
off Glenwood, and even *I* found it easily the very first time
I went. It has a parking deck associated with it, too - right
behind it. You don't even have to cross a street. There's a
fair amount of room in the bar area, but I can call and see
how many they're sure they can accomodate at one table.

And there's a new place on Falls Of The Neuse road, called
Chevy's - Tex-Mex, I'd call it, though someone else not. I'm
never 100% sure what "Tex-Mex" is. The food is good and the
salsa is freshly made, though, I know that. And again, I can
call to see how many they can accomodate at one table, but
it sure looked roomy when I was there.

And I've heard rumors that Tir na nOg, downtown, doesn't get
too hideously crowded on weeknights. I've only eaten there
for brunch, but their brunch was certainly good, and it seems
to me they could handle a sizable crowd of us.

That's a start anyway. Any other Raleigh-ites have suggestions?

Cheers, y'all!
-Rachel

--
Rachel Cox | rachel.cox AT interpath.net
Web Developer | 919.253.5965