internetworkers - Re: Gathering Jan 2000?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel.cox AT interpath.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gathering Jan 2000?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:34:37 -0500

uzoma nwosu wrote:

> What do we want to do about the location? I think that the sooner we get a
> regular spot the sooner we can focus on festivities. You guys like to have
> fun, don't you?

The only problem with a regular spot is that it'll always be an
inconvenient one for the same set of people. I'm about 87% less
likely to make a meeting in Durham or Chapel Hill than I am one
in Raleigh, mostly because I'm directionally impaired and don't
know those cities at all well. I've gotten hopelessly lost every
time I've gone to Durham, and I haven't been to Chapel Hill at
all since about 1995. I vote for rotating, so that we can all
have at least an occasional meeting that isn't completely out
of our way.

Cheers!
-Rachel

--
Rachel Cox | rachel.cox AT interpath.net
Web Developer | 919.253.5965