internetworkers - [internetworkers] An interesting article about education

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: jdwilbur at yahoo.com (Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] An interesting article about education
  • Date: Thu Feb 20 10:42:56 2003

For another, similar, but well written take on the jock/geek paradigm, try

http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

And if that isn't enough for ya, you can follow it up with a healthy dose of
why american schools are just plain bad for you.

http://www.cantrip.org/gatto.html

Since the gatto article has been around a while, it's entirely possible that
some of the ideas have already permeated the mental miasma. But, honestly, it
doesn't seem to have accomplished anything, if that is the case.

JDW

K.Jo Garner wrote --
..Perhaps I should have delved further into my critique, being a product of
..American public schools myself (and a variety thereof), but having
..received teacher training and observing classrooms from both inside...<snip>

=====
http://taxes.yahoo.com/