homestead - Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post

  • From: Mogrits <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:42:36 -0400

We paid a professional to fell a bunch of trees last Spring to make space
for a shop addition. There were several high risk trees and the rest too
close to my existing shop to risk it. They cut them to length but did not
buck them. I almost wish I'd paid them to do so, as it's been either too
hot or too wet or both for me to fight with them. I bucked and split a few
trees so we are good on our initial firewood needs but I have a winter of
bucking and splitting ahead of me. It's been a mild summer by our standards
(Upstate SC) but I feel the advances of age, even though I have more
equipment at my disposal than ever before.

Warren