homestead - Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post

  • From: "Madison Woods" <madison AT wildozark.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 19:49:16 -0500

Don we haven't gotten any of our firewood ready yet this year and I know
we're going to regret that later. Year before last we were caught the same
way and had to cut during 10 degree days. But we've been so busy with too
many other things again this year. Last year in June a flash flood caused a
landslide here that took out the driveway. At the time my husband was
working overseas so the neighbor with a big dozer opened a new, very rough,
cut on the side so I could at least get to the house in 4wd. Rob came home
in March of this year and he's been working on opening the old driveway back
up and also on the pad for a shop he wants to build. This tree we cut was a
giant cedar tree in the way. He felled it in the woods too, and we're
cutting it in 6-8' sections so we can haul it to the sawmill to have boards
made of it. It's all the limbs that I hate so much on cedars, though.

What is "bucking the logs"? I've heard the expression, but haven't a clue
what it means, lol.

Gene, well, it's good that you're having fun no matter what it is that
you're doing!

Madison Woods

Wild Ozark - Reconnect to Nature
https://www.wildozark.com