homestead - Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a Homesteady post
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 19:20:49 -0500

On 8/30/2016 5:41 PM, Madison Woods wrote:
I made a blog post today that's homesteady. Made a very short little video
clip of how we got the chainsaw out of the tree when it got stuck, lol. I
wouldn't say it's a procedural of any sort though- way too short and doesn't
show the whole story. Just caught the part about how we kept the saw from
hitting the ground by tying it off when Rob pulled on the tree with the
tractor.

I finished my yearly four trees a couple of weeks ago. During the process I managed to get the chainsaw caught a couple of times but with the tractor right there is was more of an inconvenience than anything else.

My process is o drop the trees in the woods, cut them to length, then load them on the trailer for the trip out of the woods. Down by the shop I buck the logs while on the trailer, roll them off, then split with the spliter, throw the firewood in the little pickup, then stack it in the woodshed. Ready for winter.

I have been taking leaners from along the creek but this year I am taking stuff out of the woods. Last year I cut a trail from the place next door up to the top of the hill. That made it easy to get logs out.

--
Don Bowen -- AD0NB mobile