homestead - Re: [Homestead] What is your family's signature Thanksgiving recipe?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What is your family's signature Thanksgiving recipe?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:20:17 -0800

Well, that's a bummer. I thought they were supposed to rotate out for holidays. Guess things change.

Kirk is out of the Marines and going to go to college and then reup. Aiming at a PhD in psychology. Feels there's a real need, particularly at the VA hospitals.

I have a ton of blueberries but I'm just going to can them. Don't feel the whole pie thing this year. I think I have about 30 pounds or so of blueberries in the freezer <g> I got a free 5 pound box of Clearjel, so I'll be making quarts of pie filling.

And, y'all come on out anytime!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT gmail.com>

Dammit, I knew I was leaving out an ingredient...we also add celery to the dressing..about 4 stalks..
And just for clarity, by giblets, I mean liver, gizzard, heart, and neckmeat...

Yeah, we do both sauces, too. I like whole berry, most of the family likes jellied sauce. We are also having a fruit salad this year, similar to yours but with sour cream.

As for pies, we will have both blueberry and pecan. He aren't much for pumpkin or sweet potato...odd, I know.
Of course, I am only feeding 7.. my son still not home for yet another holiday season.

I'd eat at your house any day Lynda..is K gonna make it home?