homestead - Re: [Homestead] Second time around

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Second time around
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 19:51:53 -0700

Kelly M wrote:Second mortgages are a real problem around here. Often the first will accept a short sale that leaves the second hanging in the wind. My son tried to buy a house that was listed as a pre approved short sale. They went though the hoops and the first lein holder accepted the offer but the second who had previously approved a short sale price just sat on the paper work. In the end he backed out and made an offer on another short sale in the same neighborhood.

This place is fully paid for, the previous owner was a local judge who is currently suffering from terminal cancer. Right now we are discussing some personal property such as a tractor that he wants to sell.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU