homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ta-Tsoi

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ta-Tsoi
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:44:53 -0500

Speaking of Asian veggies, I've become a big fan of gai lan (gailan,
kailan, and various other spellings) AKA Chinese broccoli. I'm growing
it, and from what I understand, it is a cut and come again kind of
broccoli/brassica that does well throughout the summer. You eat the
leaves and flowerheads. It is great in stir fries or alone with some
lemon and pepper. If you like broccoli, you should try it.

Today is my first day back in the garden as well. I transplanted a row
of bush cherries into another, thinner row, combining two varieties into
one hedge. I meant to do this in January; hope I haven't doomed them
to an early death. I guess the chickens scratched and ate my garlic
because I can't find it. I did find a few onions and carrots under the
leaf mulch.

Bev, who couldn't send this from the bellsouth account

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing
is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius

~ Calvin Coolidge