homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:26:15 -0800

Contact Humboldt State University. They have a whole dorm that is set up that way.

http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/Power-Shoestring.htm

http://www.humboldt.edu/~ccat/pedalpower/

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Don, do you have any idea how one might be able to hook up a stationary bicycle to an ??? alternator???? and then to a battery to help charge them while exercising?
What would I do, just somehow fix the alternator so it wouldn't move and attach an alternator belt? There is a local alternator shop, is this something they might be able to rig up?

I saw it in an old movie the other day and thought it would be a good idea to help out on cloudy days,