homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden questions

  • From: Gloria Morris <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden questions
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:05:40 -0600

Bev,

With the asparagus as tiny as you describe, I think it would be unwise to move them from a 50-90 degree environment to one that could go below freezing. Going from 90 to below freezing is a bit much for seedlings. I would probably choose the 50 degree room for a transition. Is there any way that you could rig up a light for them in that room (any light, even if not a "plant light")?

With cabbages growing that large, I'd probably re-pot them if they must stay in the greenhouse a few more weeks. If you do, they should be just fine.

Gloria