homestead - [Homestead] Chimfex sticks

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Chimfex sticks
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:58:24 -0500

So there is life left in the old dog yet...glad we're not all belly-up.

After trying about three unsatisfactory rigs I finally went looking today for
a piece my very elderly Jotul needs. First time I'd been in the stove store
for a very long time, couldn't find anyone at first who even knew what I was
talking about but the uninformed youngster went off in search of someone with
knowledge and while he was gone I was snooping around the store, and what did
I find but Chimfex sticks!

Seems Rutland must have bought out the people who burned out because only
Rutland's name seemed to be involved. And the price is about triple what it
was before they disappeared. For one of my stoves, though, they were about
the only thing I'd have trusted to snuff a fire out because the way the door
is makes it hard to get the door open if there were actually a seriously
air-hungry fire in it, but a Chimfex stick could be lit and put in the
forward damper.

I was glad to find them, even at the higher price...

SJ, enjoying a nice cold high from upper Canada, which just keeps pushing all that
warm wet sloppy stuff back down the coast. We did get 5" nice fluffy snow
today.