homestead - [Homestead] Building Projects?

  • From: Tim Oppenheim <timopp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Building Projects?
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 06:36:46 -0600

Does anyone have any building projects going on?

This year I plan on redoing the garden fence. I had made 4 x 8 frames that I
used some left over welded wire to build a movable fence around he beds, but
now these are starting to rot and they are kind of a pain to get in and out
At our local park they used hog panels to create fences along the nature
walk. It looks like a great system. The hog panels at TSC are 16’ long and 4
feet high. I think the extra gauge of the wire will make it much stiffer than
the welded wire I used closer to the house and less likely to be beat up by
the dogs.

This is an example; http://www.southwestfence.net/FenceImages/hogpanel.jpg

I got the first hole dug, before we got all this weather.