homestead - Re: [Homestead] Building Projects?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Building Projects?
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:59:34 EST

> > Does anyone have any building projects going on?

Some years ago I built a large (14 x 28) greenhouse that was a wonderful
winter retreat but proved less than satisfactory for augmenting the
gardening.
It has since been covered with opaque tarps and serves as a hay barn.

So this winter I've been finishing up the double fence around the garden
(the "Doughnut of Death") and playing with temporary greenhouse design. This
is the 4th year of direct 'in situ' greenhouses in the garden so that as
soon as the April heat makes it redunant, I can fold it away for the next
year.
</HTML>