homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wither Homestead?

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wither Homestead?
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:55:11 -0500

Hi Bev and Ron too,
Being able to start your growing season now, makes me green with envy!!!
Here we have piles of snow melting from our last snow 6 inch fall. It would
be wonderful to get out in the garden and get my fingers in the dirt! With
our many days of single digit temps I have been worrying about my two fig
trees I planted late last spring. My 14 containers are all filled and ready
to be planted but I think I had best wait for at least some above freezing
days with a bit of sun thrown in for good measure.
Besides the winter weather being a hassle, my hot water tank died (16 years
old) and it is a small 12 gallon tank. It took over a month to find one that
would fit into the available space. It cost $379.00 not counting the
installation. A friend is doing that for free. Until you have tried to stay
clean bodily and house wise with a pot of hot water, you learn to really
appreciate a faucet that has hot water running out of it!!!!
The SSAWG conference was in Chattanooga the third week in January so I was
sorta close to you. Had a wonderful time with 1,100 fellow sustainable
farmers and gardeners.
Did your daughter move far away? Do you get to see your grand daughter now?
When does TJ get to come home to visit?
Your job sounds like you are enjoying the work. Always a plus when one
enjoys their work!
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6