homestead - Re: [Homestead] the Olympics

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] the Olympics
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:30:38 EDT

Chicago was the odds on favorite, Rio made a good play late with their
whole
"the olympics have never been to S. America before" Even though crime and
poverty are rampant in Rio, far worse than any of the competing cities,
they
got the nod. Foolish of Obama with his shaky standing right now risking his
image of "international favorite" pushing the chicago bid in person though.
Of
course the balloon floaters of his administration are actually blaming the
loss
on Bush, no joke. I thought the media was kidding with that lead in, but
no, they
actually are pushing that line.

Drew

In a message dated 10/5/2009 2:02:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,