homestead - Re: [Homestead] the Olympics

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] the Olympics
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:44:34 EDT

Clinton became an anecdote after 9/11, I think to be fair we must admit
Bush took
the brunt of all attacks for his eight years in office, and didn't , that I
recall ever say
the phrase "I inherited....." Obama was elected on a platform that he was
the man to
fix the prior mess so he can shut up and fix it now. I have hired folks for
my companies
who were supposedly going to come in and clean up and they just stood
around
leaning on the mop complaining about that mess. So far he looks like one of
those. I
do hope, for the good of us all, that he gets it in gear, quits complaining
about the stuff
that got him elected and gets to work. He promised unemployment would not
reach over 8
percent if we gave him his stimulus and did it quickly without reading it.
We did and
unemployment created on his watch has gone from 7 to 9.9 percent, a 41
percent increase.
When each percentage point represents 2.4 million jobs, that is a whole new
world
of hurt for a lot of families. Now government motors is closing Saturn
down, 350 dealerships
plus factories and dozens of factories supplying parts shutting down. More
unemployment
that he could avoid but is silent on. Still waiting on word from the White
House. For less than
one tenth of one percent of the stimulus money still sitting in Washington,
Saturn could be
retooled to produce efficient, alternative energy driven vehicles, Obama
could keep his
promise to the environmentalists and not dump tens of thousands on the
unemployment rolls
but that would be smart and there is not a lot of that in DC anyways.

Drew

In a message dated 10/6/2009 11:20:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mmcharry AT gmail.com writes:

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:
> Yup, anything that is wrong is all Bush's fault. And anything that was
> wrong during his admin was all Clinton's fault. I think that Bush Sr.
and
> Clinton were about the only two that didn't spend their whole admin
blaming
> the prior presidents.

Makes a nice change after 8 years of blaming it all on Clinton.

The partisan rhetoric started to get really intense during Clinton's
administration (it's always been around), but now it's rabid.

This too shall pass, but I wonder what will follow.

Marie