homestead - Re: [Homestead] Space heating

  • From: Mogrits <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Space heating
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:08:03 -0400

Just remember 1500 watts of heat is 1500 watts of heat no matter how
expensive the heater. The Amish fireplaces are a good example of
marketing overcoming common sense. They are still only 1500 or 2500
watts or whatever they claim.

The fan-blown forced air heaters commonly referred to as milking
heaters are a very good value but the heat comes out in a focused
stream. This is very comfortable in a reading area. the radiators
discussed will last forever, but take a longer time to give a warm
feeling. Quartz heaters also feel nice if you are sitting in front of
them. If you want to heat a room rather than a favored recliner I
would recommend a heater with a fan blowing perpendicular to a wall as
that may equalize the temperature better.

After all is said and done, just remember 1500 watts = 1500 watts no
matter what.