homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:47:24 +0000

My opinion on that is divided. If the job you do can impact the safety of
other people, then yes, the testing is a good idea. truck drivers and bus
drivers come to mind. all of my jobs required it, too, although the one i
have now does not. after working in a chemical plant for many years dealing
with large volumes of hazardous chemicals and dangerous conditions, i think i
do like knowing that my coworkers have not been using recently or are
currently using drugs that could cause their actions and thinking to be
impaired. the consequences of a wrong or accidental move are too great in
that situation. however, if my job affects no one else's safety if i am
impaired, i see no reason for testing.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)

  • Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be, roxann, 09/30/2009