homestead - Re: [Homestead] cap & trade

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cap & trade
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:18:06 -0500

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> What I don't think Obama gets is that the people willing/able to pay more
> for 'environmentally friendly' energy or food are already doing it. The rest
> will fight him all the way. Just like health insurance; if the working poor
> could afford it, they'd already have it. Forcing them to buy health
> insurance (or pay a lot more for energy or food) when they can't pay the
> bills they already have isn't the answer. I don't know what is.

With regard to health care, we're already paying for the uninsured, at
least from the time that they get sick enough to drag themselves into
an ER.

Regarding cap & trade and other schemes to reduce carbon emissions: I
suspect it's already too late and we can just stand back and await the
end of life as we know it. The Arctic ice is already pretty much
melted, islands are disappearing in the Pacific, and the weather has
gone screwy just about every where. I'm glad I'm an old fart with most
of my life lived. I just hope I don't get reincarnated any time soon.

Marie