homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poison ivy relief

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poison ivy relief
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:52:40 -0500

On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:46 AM, VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Did you use the unmixed cement, grabbed some out of the mixer?

No, I used the mortar cream from the wheelbarrow.

I expect the course texture of the cement may have helped.

Well, sand is certainly part of the cream.

If you had any on your hands I hope you noticed before you went to the toilet.

You have reminded me of the one time I went out to pee after I had ground cayennes for pepper powder. Ouch!

Except in cases of dire emergency, I typically clean my hands before eliminating, and I have installed a sink in the shop. Although, with a bit of care, one can take care of business without touching one's skin. You should understand that I am a country man. I have a 130-acre toilet space.