homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poison ivy relief

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poison ivy relief
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:33:03 -0500

On Sep 18, 2009, at 3:29 AM, Rob wrote:

When it's fresh, just starting to itch, vinegar poured on it works.
It burns/stings a little then it stops and the poison ivy is not a
problem anymore.

Perhaps the combination helps--we always use vinegar to neutralize the alkalinity of the cement powder on our skin. My sense of it is that when the cement powder dries, the weeping is stopped and the itch does not occur. I did it because it was expedient. It worked. Now, a few days later, the rash is diminishing. The duration seems shorter.