homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jimmy Carter

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jimmy Carter
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:55:24 EDT

I worked with President Carter for 11 years, and do like him, he has just
gotten a lot more free with sharing
his thoughts as time goes on. He , as everyone else speaks from his or her
own perspective. He is in his mid eighties and from a much earlier
generation and grew up on a south Georgia peanut farm. For people from that
generation and background, much of what he said is probably true.
Generations born
post civil rights movement, in segragated schools, etc etc. don't have
that same perspective and are maddened to think their genuine concerns about
the current bunch are being blown off as mere racism.

Drew

In a message dated 9/18/2009 1:27:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,