homestead - Re: [Homestead] more on DC, more on Obamacare

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] more on DC, more on Obamacare
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:30:31 -0800

Kidlet #5's (the Marine) wife has a deadly heart condition. She was not supposed to get pregnant. She did and *she* decided to go forward with the pregnancy even though the odds, at best, were 50/50. The *supposed* expert in the field who had been treating her dropped her because she wouldn't get an abortion. The new doctor they found wasn't "approved" by the military, so he did all her care, and believe me it was a whole bunch of care, free.

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Anyway, why should government be involved in setting fees to begin with?
Lawyers do pro-bono work.
Doctors do also, and setting fees will stop them from doing pro-bono.
My sister, with a very deadly cancer, got pro-bono both from her cancer doc and from the surgeon), and they treated her non-stop for 26 months.
The drug company gave her the chemo meds for free also - amazingly.

I'm not saying everyone is gonna get free - just that a uniform mandated price structure will remove that discretion.

Now, if patients on the other hand could get advertised PRICES posted and know in advance,,,,,,,,,,,, they would would have real choice !
It would cause free market competition !