homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractors was: A homestead plan

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractors was: A homestead plan
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:47:04 EDT

> >But the notion that the machine way is
> sooooooo much easier is due to you lack of imagination and an
> unjustifiable
> faith in the mechanical.

Sent that too soon!

Did you know that JRR Tolkien was basically a philologist and his life-long
passion was constructing languages and writing systems. He did not invent
the Dwarf languages and Elf languages in order to write his novels, rather
just the opposite, he wrote the novels in order to have some place to play
with the languages he had devised.

Makes me wonder sometimes in our mechanical fixations that we don't design
homestreads to have some place to play with machines and thus are
predisposed to let our imaginations wander into those countless iterations of
homesteads that do not exist to accomdate machines.

Mornie, utulie,

James