homestead - Re: [Homestead] tomato questions

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tomato questions
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, that is exactly what it is !    It blends in so well I can't believe I
even saw it,,,, sounds like I need to run back out there and inspect all the
tomato plants more carefully.
thanks.

Ok, googled that, and see the pics of the wasp eggs.... check.  And also
found this:

Cornmeal
This one borders on being a little disgusting, but if your problem is the
tomato hornworm, sprinkle cornmeal on the ground around the base of the
plants. The hornworm can’t digest the meal and it will cause them to die a
rather explosive death.
:-) !!

These hornworm catepillars are different that the very tiny catepillars that
ate every since chick pea.......... those drill a little hole on the
underside and then eat the little seed inside :-(  I lost the whole crop
before I even knew they were there.