homestead - Re: [Homestead] hypothetical negotiating for a job

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] hypothetical negotiating for a job
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:40:51 -0400

Flexible hours, Ability to work at home office are two of my favorites. I
work at home now and am not stuck to rigid hours. That's a big help in
getting things done here. Also saves time of a commute. Ability to work 4 -
10 hour days or 5 -8 hours days is good, too.
That also may help you with the prefer to stay at home thing.

It's amazing how much more productive you can be cutting out
co-workers interruptions, meetings, etc. Coffee breaks are for feeding
calves and stuff like that.

I have a Blackberry form work, not really a perk, but it has unlimited
internet connectivity. That is a big plus here for working at home,
otherwise I'd need satellite internet.

My job involves lots of local travel and comes with a car. I was able to
negotiate to keep the car here rather than a location 15 miles away. Most
days that means it saves me the time and money of a 30 mile round trip
commute. Big benefit.

A perk is only a perk if of value to you.

Rob - Va