homestead - Re: [Homestead] Butternut Squash

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Butternut Squash
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 22:07:42 -0400

> I wanted to ask if anyone knows what's the deal with carrot germination??

I'm not your carrot man, but... Last winter I read a tip to put old boards
over the row when you plant. I put some old 1x4 boards over the row, check
them in a couple of weeks and take the boards off after they start to
germinate. You can't leave the boards on long after they start, but it helps
to keep the soil moist and keeps rains from washing all away.

Rob - Va