homestead - Re: [Homestead] Butternut Squash

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Butternut Squash
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 05:37:45 -0400

Personally I am not growing squash, but at the Greeneville farmers market
this past Saturday there was one vendor with acorn squash and a couple of
other vendors with Waltham butternut squash. the acorn was a good size but
the butternut was small. If they have more this coming Saturday I will
invest in one of each to see how the flavor is. Those two are my favorites
but this is the earliest I have ever seen them. More to come as I love
squash! I did buy a turban squash but have not tried it yet. At our market
the melons are just starting, including a few watermelons. The tomatoes are
just now starting to be plentiful but with our strange weather they do not
seem to have the flavor of last years. Our market is running around 35
produce vendors each Saturday. What a shopping arena!!!!
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6