homestead - Re: [Homestead] Three dozen czars...who's the boss?

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Three dozen czars...who's the boss?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:32:07 +0000 (GMT)

Just do what we did in Canada - call them Ministers - like Minister of the
Environment or Mininster of Justice ( being lawyer or judge not a
prerequisite ) and appoint them primarily from the elected representatives of
the party in power so they have a veneer of legitimacy. Once in awhile rake
one over the coals for something one of the legions of public servants got
caught at - and suddenly the perception of little empires disappears.

Gil