homestead - Re: [Homestead] Three dozen czars...who's the boss?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Three dozen czars...who's the boss?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 02:49:47 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
?

I wish the term 'czar' would be excised from public discourse unless
we want to also bring back public floggings to make the serfs get in
line.

LOL, yeah...
I know it came from Caesar, but growing up during the days of the evil Soviets, when I think tsar/czar I think of pre-Soviet Russian dictator-kings, or someone who is above the law-laws don't apply to him.
We probably should find a new buzz word for czars.

Seriously, I do think we are going a bit overboard on the number of czars. It really does disrupt the balance of power making the executive branch heavy.

"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA