homestead - Re: [Homestead] UV water systems

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] UV water systems
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 23:23:31 -0400

Yeah, I was a bit worried about the price being too low. I thought I would have to spend 4-500 dollars for a system, but we have a small house, small pump, and we don't use much water. I figured $150 is a good deal. I actually have a check valve left over from the parts I bought for doing aquaponics, and there's another topic for another post.

Really, at those prices, you could put several in if you did not mind slow flow, and I don't.

Don Bowen wrote:
I have looked at several but not close enough to make any sort of decision.
I plan to get one when I ever build but for now I will be ordering a
Berkeley water filter. The one in the link appears to be about as cheap as
any I have seen.

I did a test last summer and the most water volume I use on the trailer is 3
GPM. The price of the one you linked to looks cheap enough to just put in
place anyway.

Don Bowen KI6DIU
New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com