homestead - Re: [Homestead] UV water systems

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] UV water systems
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:34:21 -0400

We were looking at this one:

http://tinyurl.com/o3zt8q

Suggestions? You know a good brand?

We don't need a high flow system as conservatively we only use about
2 GPM with clean filters(pressure drops as the sediment filters fill
up-we need a new pressure tank, too). At the kitchen sink, we can fill
a gallon every 46 seconds. The slower it flows through the cylinder,
the more it will 'kill'.

Anyway, I thought I would post the FAQ from this site as I think it
represents UV purification well. (at least read the part about
inactivation vs. killing bacteria)
http://tinyurl.com/osgh2l

I appreciate all discussion on this. We can't afford one right now, but
hopefully we will add one by the end of the year.

Don Bowen wrote:
What systems and manufactures are you looking into?

Don Bowen KI6DIU New ruralize pages, follow the link off
http://www.ruralize.com http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/Journal.html