homestead - Re: [Homestead] Waxing on about beans

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Waxing on about beans
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:47:18 -0800

Youngest says you should grow and eat the wax beans cause they are delicious <g>

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

I think Northern nomenclature makes much more sense. I knew the 'peas'
were really beans, but they are called field peas nevertheless. Lynn,
if you saw a bowl of them on a table at Sunday dinner, what you call
them?? What kind of beans?

Wax beans...
This is another thing that Southerners just don't grow much. I see them
in bean salads on salad bars, but I've always been afraid to try it.
Someone give me a wax bean(yellow bean) tutuorial...how different do
they taste-you'd think they could come up with a more appetizing name
than wax bean, wouldn't ya? So they are snapped and cooked like green
beans, too? Not just for salads? Tell me why I should plant and like
wax beans.