homestead - Re: [Homestead] garden

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] garden
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:31:06 -0400

Bev,
No they are not in the ground but in one of the lettuce containers. I soaked
the seeds for three days before I planted them in their little greenhouse.
They are doing well but still have only the first set of leaves. As I am
trying to sprout my own seeds this year my appreciation of the cost of buying
them ready for the ground does not seem so high....BUT my money has to
stretch a bit more each month so I am very motivated to start my own seeds
for some things. Most will be put directly into the ground, or for me
barrels.
I am so jealous of all you folks who have partners who help. It is so much
more fun to share.....but not too many guys my age hanging around out
there!!! So I plod on....
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6