homestead - Re: [Homestead] Paulownia elongata

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Paulownia elongata
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:57:53 -0500

I'm curious about the quality of the wood. You said it was good for
lumber, but I'm suspicious of fast-growing trees. I don't think
Chinese elm is good for much of anything except maybe making sorghum
because it burns so cool. It's even worse than willow -- not worth the
trouble of splitting. Of course, I'm partial to Mason County coal --
Osage orange -- for heat. Or locust.

Marie